Saturday, November 03, 2012

Aftermath And Trumped Up War

Betty took me to breakfast at Dockside, which is on the canal.  We saw two boats almost submerged at the little marina there. 
Catching up, I did a lot of wash, put stuff away, and generally got back to normal.  Put Brussels sprouts, onions, and seasonings in the crock pot and along with chicken sausages, salad, and baked potato, we had that for dinner.
Went to Acme--big whoops, as the kids used to say--then took a drive to Osborne Island (not really an island, but a stretch of sand) nearby.  I was shocked to see the things--sofas, chairs, and all other manner of furniture--ruined by the water and stacked up for removal outside homes.  Of course, I had known of it, but seeing is actually knowing.
 Betty finally received notice that she can return to Ventnor today and she will shortly.  Leslie e-mailed, asking for volunteers to help people with clean-up and I told her to count me in.  She called last night, saying she and Dennis, plus Bessie and Bob F., whom I know and like, would help empty the flooded house of an older women's today.  Would I join them?  Of course, and we'll meet at 9:45 today.
WIDER:  I was particularly interested in the "War On Terror" part of Glenn Greenwald's piece:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/nov/02/obama-civil-liberties-history

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...