Sunday, November 11, 2012

Players & Playwrights

Picked up Aline and went to the Players & Playwrights meeting.  Because the Ventnor and Margate libraries were unavailable--not sure if the reason was hurricane damage or not--we met at Stockton State.  The campus is so big we got lost trying to find the right building, but made it a few minutes late.
I was pleased to learn that one of the plays I submitted--Tootie Looks At Real Estate--has been selected to be presented at our December 15 show.  That will be in Atlantic City at Dante Hall, which used to be owned by St. Michael's Church and is now in possession of the college.
With leader John's help, we cast our plays.  I'm going to be Tootie myself and I picked Aline to be the secretary and Ed Shakespeare for Tom Tricky, the real estate agent.  We'll meet at my house on November 25 and Dayle and John will come, too. 
There was only one play--or one act of Linda's longer play--to be read and after that, we broke up a bit early.  Went to Gourmet Italian on Jimmie Leeds Road for dunch or linner--not sure what to call it, as it was a bit before 4:00 when we ate.
After dropping Aline off, I just vegged out until time for wine, popcorn, and beddy-bye.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...