Monday, March 29, 2010

Happily, I got a web cam call from P. and N.; their computer had been lacking something and is now fixed. I thanked them (N., actually) for an utterly charming Easter card she had made--I love her things and save all of them, of course.
Surprised myself by taking a short nap after that, but woke up feeling refreshed. Was delighted to get a call from grandson Joel, just thanking me for stopping in to say hello to Noelle the other day. I asked to take the whole crew out for dinner and Joel said he's off today, so will drive up there. Later, I decided to put pansies on the grave, after all, and went to the cemetery. Stopped to get them at Bob's outside Mays Landing. They have a wonderful array and I chose a bright yellow and pretty blue. The ground was soft, so they were easy to plant. I was pleased to see a stone on the gravestone itself, evidence that the D.'s had been there. That's a nice custom, which I understand Jewish people originated, and I left one myself.
After, it occurred to me to get something for nephew Jay's grave, too, and I stopped at another place to get some nice daffodils. It was almost 6:00 when I got home, which was fine with me. I considered it a full and satisfying day, especially as it's now raining, so the flowers are being watered.
My weekly web cam call from Ellen topped off a good day.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...