Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Oh, the rain came down and the floods came up...." That's from an old children's bible song, and it fits yesterday's weather, my least-favorite (oh, wait, I said that about cloudy days, too). Susan and I sloughed through for our morning walk, then went to exercise, and were back at the clubhouse for a meeting about our new community newsletter.
In between, talked to sister Betty, then e-mailed pictures of the graves to her and to my children. I was glad it rained to water them, but hope they aren't drowned.
Rain or no, I had a wonderful time at dinner with Joel, Noelle, and the four boys. Joelly is getting so grown up and articulate and Tristan is an adorable two and a half year old. After eating his pizza, he spent most of the dinner dipping pita bread in my soup, then carefully spreading butter on a piece of Italian bread. After that, he ate off the butter--ugh!
I went up early and we ate early (at a restaurant near them called "LaCuchina"), as I was a tad nervous about driving home on Route 539 in the dark. There were two posted flooded areas, neither very deep, but still--.
Was home shortly after 7:00, having greatly enjoyed the evening. Looking forward to spending time with them for Easter, too.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...