Thursday, March 11, 2010

The day started with the usual brisk mile-and-a-half with Susan, followed by the practically manic three-mile with Leslie Sansone (on CD, that is). A good workout, as ever.
Put butternut squash in the crock pot and steamed a lovely bunch of asparagus on the stove, then settled down to watch "War Made Easy," which I just received. What a stunning film; more about it below.
Mary S. called to find out when I can meet with others to discuss the new community newsletter we're planning. I already have some ideas on it and am looking forward to the meeting. She'll get back to me with a definite date.
Left for Ellen V.'s in Forked River about 1:00 and we had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. We first just chatted over coffee for an hour, then "heard" each other on the script. I've pretty much memorized the first act and Ellen is just about pat with it, too. It was good fun, although I'm reconciled to the fact that I almost surely won't be in the play. It was close to 6:00 by the time I got home, but it was still light out, which gave me a lift.
I had planned salmon for dinner, but skipped it and decided to have just the squash and asparagus--both scrumptious. I continue to eat mostly vegetarian and am convinced that meat--at least for me--is best as just an occasional addition to my meals.
WIDER: "War Made Easy," with Norman Solomon, is riveting in its meticulous, but easily followed, outline of how exactly the American people are conned into aggression against other countries. Solomon pays special attention to the parallels between Vietnam and Iraq, and emphasises the collusion of the media in promoting our death-dealing ways. It's unfortunate the film was made before Obama was elected because it allows devotees to cling to the illusion that he's somehow "different" from his scumbag predecessors. Oh, he wants to bring the troops home, but is under the sway of Emmanuelle, Biden, Clinton and all the rest. Well, yeah, he's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, the most powerful person in the world, but they're leading him astray, poor lamb.... A complete crock, to be sure, but a gigantic bloc of dazed liberals has to believe it. (We went to the streets and wept for joy, for heaven's sakes, it's gotta be true!)
You'd dispute O's complicity? Here's just a snippet from "The Rogue Nation," by Philip Giraldi in Anti-War.Com:
"Far from eschewing war and killing, the number and intensity of drone attacks has increased under Obama, as has the number of civilian casualties, referred to by the splendid bloodless euphemism 'collateral damage.'"
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear friends

We do not agree with this year BRIT awards 2010 decision.

Please visit our little survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Nina Hagen

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.li/brustvergroesserung/preis.html]brustvergrößerung preis[/url]

PRINCE HARRY WISHES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BRIT AWARDS
With a special birthday message from Prince Harry for the 30th Anniversary of the BRIT Awards

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...