Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Attended the meeting for the new community publication. It's very preliminary now, but seems to be shaping up. Probably, the first issue won't go out until June, which seems fine, considering the amount of effort it'll take. The editorial board--five of us--will meet again on the 29th.
I did something unusual for me and rented a DVD. I found Precious almost unbearable to watch, it's so filled with pain. At the same time, it was enthralling. Wonderful acting, so real it hurts--literally--and perfectly authentic setting and script. It made me muse again on the fact I almost never see an African American person. Sometimes that makes me obscurely ashamed, but I'm not sure why. I have been in touch with my friend, Karen C., who is Black ("black?"), and hope to see her before too long.
Meeting Mary H. for lunch, then to see The Green Zone at an actual movie theatre. Have no idea what it's about, but what's not to like about Matt Damon?
Was relieved to hear from Ellen last night that the bees are gone, thanks to an exterminator she called in. Got an invitation from Frank and Barb D. to go to dinner and a lecture at Monmouth U. on Thursday evening. Begged off the lecture, as I have rehearsal, but accepted with pleasure to accompany them to Scojo's for dinner.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...