Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Had an early doctor's appointment just to check my blood pressure. Doc was pleased to see it's gone down, but said she'd like to see it 5 points lower still. Can't remember what it was--I think about 137/85.
Gave Susan the plant and she was very pleased. Also gave her a birthday card with a pug, her dream dog (ugh!) on it. I had picked it up in Lake Tahoe in December.
Drove to Joanne's Fabrics in Mays Landing and found shiny green fabric that I think is just right for a background for the library display case. Stopped on the way home at Santori's and stocked up on veggies, then went to the cemetery. I was surprised to see the headstone in place. It looks good and I went to the office to ask about plantings. The guy said only azaleas are allowed, but he told me I needed to wait awhile until the foundation has a chance to settle. Fine by me.
Went to rehearsal last night. It's now exactly one month before opening night and Tara still hasn't yet make up her mind if she's going to add a show, in which I would appear. I'm getting discouraged and am fighting against resentment. Everybody else in the cast has been rehearsing twice a week since January--if she does add a show, how could I ever catch up? Oh, well, I'll hang in. Can't do much else.
Tonight, am going to dinner and an author lecture in Mount Laurel with the D.'s. Should be a nice diversion.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...