Friday, March 05, 2010

Spent a fair amount of time committing to memory the Clairee part of Act I, Scene I and have it down pat. When I walked into rehearsal, though, I found we were doing Act I, Scene II--that's Scene two, Mimi. Damn!
That meant I had to use the script--in additon, there are only about one fourth the number of lines for the part in scene two. I was chagrined--BUT...
I did a great job, I modestly declare. The other players praised me warmly and Andrea, the assistant director, said, "For the first time, this looks like an ensemble." And it did. The rapport and interaction with the whole cast was evident. We all seemed to click, to become the six close friends in a small southern town...
But that doesn't change the fact that I'm the understudy. The woman who has the role will surely go on next month, and I'll watch from the wings. But hey, at least I'm having a good time being so intimately involved in the production and what's more--yes, I'm saying it--I know I'm better in the part.
WIDER: This may be--finally and at long last--the opening wedge in a campaign to form a coalition of left and right that will work to end the horrors we've witnessed in the past years:
http://original.antiwar.com/henderson/2010/03/04/the-left-right-conference-on-war/
May its anti-empire goals come to pass.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...