Monday, March 15, 2010

Awoke to thunder and lightning, but it ended before our walk and we actually had a bit of sunshine. Stopped at Tara's shop and had a good talk with her about my apprehension re my possible performance in "Magnolias," if a matinee is added. She reassured me I'd have plenty of time to rehearse--also shared some thoughts on cast members. I trust her judgement and feel much relieved. Of course, no decision has been made yet on whether she'll go with the addition, so the whole thing may be moot. I'll continue to memorize the part, which is a pretty substantial one. Have the first act and most of the rest down pretty well, but it is, of course, essential to rehearse with other cast members.
Went to Hamilton Mall and took back the scarf and blouse I bought the other day. Nothing wrong with either, I just changed my mind. Stopped at the cemetery, barely negotiating the roads (little more than paths), which are littered with tree limbs and other debris of nature. Continued on to Kohl's and picked up an attractive green top with scarf, plus a pretty necklace.
Daughter Ellen called to tell me her house is full of bees! About ten are in her kitchen, with a much larger group buzzing outside in her patio. She called two bee people and they both told her the inside varmints would die in an hour or so. She's having one come today--a bee person, not a bee--to find out where they're coming in; possibly, via a vent in the laundry room.
Today, at the request of our board of trustees, I'm meeting with a few other residents and Mary S., a trustee, to discuss getting up a new community newspaper. I was editor of an earlier one, but I don't want to work in that capacity again--too much of a hassle. Will to glad to contribute, though.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...