Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What a neat evening with Jen, J., and T.! After puttering around with this and that earlier in the day, I got up to their place about 4:00. We walked over to the little park nearby and while the boys played on the slides, Jen and I talked.
It's not always easy being a young mother--as I well remember--but Jen is managing with grace. She looks terrific, with her new, slender figure and luxurious hair. Her boys are just beautiful--J. bright, talkative, and full of growing boy energy, and T., who worships his big brother and tries to do everything J. does.
We went over to the Plum Tree (or whatever it's called--I can never remember) across the street for dinner. I'm always amazed at their complimentary appetizers: Last night, it was stuffed clams, filet mignon, and fresh fruit. Because I thought I fill up on them, I just ordered an omelet. However, that was huge, plus it came with two pieces of toast and enough hash browns for five people.
T. had chicken nuggets and was so adorable when I pretended to take some. He said, "no!" and "mine!" every time I put my hand out. He was laughing, though, and at one point, he fed me a French fry. What a charmer!
I wanted to start driving home before full dark--which comes, I'm sorry to say, earlier and earlier--so left after we ate, about 6:15. I hope to see
Jen and the precious little boys again before too long and we'll keep in touch.
Got my airline ticket, and also heard from Mike re their revised intinerary. Yoicks, that means I'm really going, I guess.
Tonight, I meet Peg for dinner at Sweet Jenny's, then drive to Beach Haven for our first rehearsal of Riders To The Sea.
I'm going to have to curtail all this eating out--or order smarter, or something, because there's no denying I'm gaining. Gotta get serious about this, and soon.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for all the comliments! Had a great time with you as well

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...