Friday, October 30, 2009

The funeral yesterday was for the sister of a good friend of my twin's, and a casual friend of mine. The "viewing" was at 9, mass at 10, which is a common--and sensible, it seems to me--arrangement nowadays. (When I was a kid, the viewing or "wake" was almost invariably the night before the actual funeral.) I was taken aback to see there was no body to "view," only an attractive, vase-like urn on small table.
What you want to happen after you die--burial of whole body, cremation, tossed to the sharks, or whatever--is certainly an individual choice, but I just can't go with being reduced to little charred pieces myself. A book I read had characters discussing this and the cremation-favorer asked the other, "Do you prefer worms?" Other replied, "Yes, I do." I feel the same way.
Oh! I was just interrupted for a delightful reason: Precious Vivian called on the web cam to show me her Halloween costume. She looked adorable as "Tinkerbell," in gauzy pale green and pink, with tiny bells Mommy had sewed on to her wings. Violet came on for a cameo appearance and pointed to something, saying, "Bubble!" several times. Mike isn't sure what she saw.
Had rehearsal last night at director Kathy's. Play is shaping up well, I think. We'll meet again Monday and Wednesday.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...