Thursday, October 15, 2009

Had a ball yesterday. Peg got here at 10:00 and we left shortly after. I drove, which I was glad to do. It's a two-hour trip to Lambertville, but it was a pleasure in such a beautiful, sunshiny fall day. On Route 539 the leaves are just starting to turn and even with roadwork, it was enjoyable. Got there about 12:15 and had lunch at Lambertville Station. When we lived in Ewing, we ate there fairly often, and I was glad to be back. I had a vegetarian pasta dish and a Coors Light, Peg a black-bean burger.
We then went to Elva's art gallery and the three of us had a great time reminiscing over long-ago days at St. James, speculating on where fellow grads might be, and laughing over silly things. Peg and I admired the art Elva carries and we were charmed at her knowledge of, and love for, the art and the artists.
Left an hour or so later and got home in plenty of time to eat a quick bite, then go to my last acting class. I was glad to put Porch behind me, frankly, as I want to go on to bigger and better things (Broadway, maybe?).
Tara annouced that we will, indeed, be preforming the full play, Riders To The Sea, at the library on November 24. That was news to me, as the last Desi told me, I was just going to do an extended monologue. Kathy will direct and we'll at her place on LBI on Wednesday, I'd better get crackin' on learning my lines, as I have the pivitol role of Maurya, the old Irish woman who loses husband and sons to the sea.
Wider: From Anti-War.com, citing an article in a British newspaper:
Report: Obama Poised to Announce 45,000 Troop Escalation in Afghanistan
Oh, yes, this from the Prince of Peace. As ever, insanity reigns.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...