Monday, October 05, 2009

Was offered via e-mail the lead role in "Riders To The Sea" which the acting company (LETCO) will perform at the library in November. I had recited a monologue from the play at the Tuckerton Seaport in May, so I'm at least familiar with the piece and the character. It's a somber, one-act play set in the Aran Islands that revolves around an woman who loses all six of her sons, plus her husband and father-in-law to the sea. I'm a little nervous about that much memorization, and even more so about the Irish accent, but I accepted the part. "Riders" was written by J.M. Synge and was produced in 1911.
Bob S. called and will come this morning to turn off the sprinkler system. I want to stop at Wal-Mart to get my BP medication, then will meet Peggy N. for lunch in Barnegat. A. is coming at 3:30 to continue clearing out the garage, so I have to get back by then.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
You are on your way to stardom. Congrats! Sounds like a difficult role to maintain the accent. You must have done very well in May to be selected for the lead. You're on your way for sure.

Mimi said...

Yes, Pat, I'm sure Meryl S. is quaking in her boots--NOT! But thanks.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...