Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Enjoyed the day, first with the Scrabble group at Barbara's after lunch. I was invited to dinner, as the H's son, John, is a chef and was going to cook a great one. I had to decline, though, as I already had a dinner date with the D.'s.
Said D.'s and I went to Sco-Jo's at the Tuckerton Seaport. I had salmon and brought a bottle of wine for Frank and me. We then drove to Toms River to hear a professor from Rutgers lecture on "Lincoln And The Constitution." After him, a woman dressed in 1860-ish style (loved her costume) talked about Lincoln's favorite foods and Mary's hard life. She had made and brought with her corn bread and two luscious looking cakes; I had only a small piece of the former, and admired the others from afar.
Today, Peg and I go up to Lambertville and tonight, I have my last acting class. Oh, the dizzying social whirl--!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...