Saturday, October 24, 2009

Eye doc said I have two things going on: blephitis, an infection of the eyelashes, and a red, swollen lid because when the car truck door fell on my head last week, the blood probably seeped down....
Oh, skip it; it's too long and boring to explain. Anyway, I didn't have to get pupil-enlarging drops, thank heavens, and I had a 7:50 appointment, and was home before 8:30. Did get a prescription which I'll fill today.
Went to hairdresser and she colored and trimmed the mop. It looks okay, but not the king's ransom it cost. Before dinner, I impulsively drove back to Manahawkin, went to Target, and bought a neat striped turtleneck and big pocketbook. It's been an age since I've bought any new duds, and this gave me a lift.
Later: Oh, boy, do I hate to write this, but I gotta: Just back from Weight Watchers, and I gained another two pounds. Am now at 142, which brings me down to a mere 57.6 lost. That means I'm a lousy 17 pounds higher than my lowest, which was recorded a month shy of a year ago. There's no kidding myself; not only am I going out a lot for lunch and dinner, but since Pat died, I haven't been moving around as much. That doesn't mean I sit around and stare at the wall all day, but I'm not in the almost-constant motion I was.
Okay, I can do this. It isn't insurmountable and starting right now, this instant, I'm clawing my way back up--or down--to size 8 petite.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Hey RBM,
Most of us do gain some of it back...the good thing here is that you are getting right back on track rather than giving up. I hope I can do the same.
/pat

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...