Monday, March 09, 2009

Heavens! I didn't wake up until ten of 7, lazy slug-a-bed that I am, and had to rush to meet Susan for our walk. Now I'm back and I hope, will adjust to DST before the clocks turn back in the fall.
Pleasant day yesterday. Weather was overcast, but fabulously warm. After settling Pat, went to B.J.'s about 3:00. Got a few things and angrily confronted the optician about my missing glasses. It seems there was an error in the right lens and they had to be done over. Now it's been one day short of a month since I ordered them, and I'm finding it more and more difficult to see up close. What's infuriating is that they insist you pay up in full, up front. No wonder the damn economy is going down the tubes. If this is typical of B.J.'s, they have a lousy customer service attitude. I must say, however, that the woman I dealt with, Cheryl, was as apologetic, courteous, and sympathetic as she could be. It's the nameless, faceless powers-that-be who sit in their fancy boardrooms at their vast mahogany table and decide to screw the peons who pay their salaries.
(How do you really feel about B.J.'s, Rosemary?)
Anyhoo, aside from that, a nice enough day. Got new pictures of the adorable little girls in Singapore and a web call from my adorable little girl in California.
Wider: Alan Bock, at Anti-War.Com, writes about the touted "withdrawal" of American troops from Iraq, yet the vast numbers that will stay for the sake of "stability":
"It's incredibly patronizing and arrogant for U.S. officials to have the attitude that the guys who came in and wrecked the joint – the U.S. – and enhanced the regional power and potential dangerousness of the most militantly anti-American regime in the neighborhood – Iran – are the only thing that prevents a descent into chaos."
Yeah, so what else is new?

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...