Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back in my usual routine, I'm doing fine. Mostly just unpacked and did domestic chores yesterday. Stopped at Acme and ran into Marge and Fred. Made Pat a delicious dinner--I modestly declare--of pot roast, potatoes au gratin, baked apple, and pudding, of which he ate every morsel. Had lentil stew and yams myself.
Have a date to go to lunch with Mary Ann Van O. today and tomorrow evening is the rehearsal/audition for the Seaport show. Thursday, I go to Brick for a caregiver workshop, so I'm looking forward to a number of interesting events. I'm glad I'm still able to attend them.
Wider: Here's a succinct and relevant comment on our present disastrous state of affairs from somebody who uses "Writerman" as his name on Truthdig.Com:
"What is the American healthcare system really for? It isn’t primarily, as of today, designed to benefit the sick, as much as provide a massive subsidy or transfer of wealth, from ordinary Americans to the shareholders of insurance companies and pharmaceutical firms. After they get their cut, what’s left goes into patient care...In a way it’s comparable to the massively bloated military budget, what’s that for? It’s not there to defend the United States, because, after all, the United States has no real enemies anymore; the military budget, all one and half thousand billion of it, is, once again, a hidden subsidy and transfer of wealth from the taxpayer, the state, to the private sector.
This is a way of seeing through the ‘paradox’ of why on earth do we waste so much money on these things; because the waste doesn’t matter, it’s built into the system, it’s the reason behind the apparent madness..."
Straight to the heart of what ails us, it seems to me. Hope "Writerman" comments more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]mimi249.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Research points that about 60% of all United States adults are either fat or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...