Saturday, March 21, 2009

Got the income tax done, thank heavens. Went back to the woman who did it last year and it was pretty quick and easy. Nothing much else went on.
I'm planning to go to a gathering tomorrow to mark (I was going to write "commemorate," but that's not really accurate) the sixth anniversary of our vicious actions in Iraq. It's at noon, so the tough part is going to be arranging for Pat to be up, breakfasted, and dressed by 11:30. Maybe he'll be able to wait until I get back before dressing--we'll see.
I'll be interested in seeing how many are there. Now that the dems are ascendant, interest in our extended cruelty seems to have waned. After all, slaughtering children is different when it's done with the blessings of those with whom we identify. They don't scream as loud.
Or at least, we can't hear them as well.
Later: Went to Weight Watchers and found that--aagh!--I'm up 3.2 pounds since my last visit two weeks ago. Now weigh 132.2. I've still lost 67.4 pounds overall, but this isn't good. It's true that I overindulged last night (cookies and gum drops), but surely not to the tune of 3-plus pounds.
Ho-o-kay...will set my strategy. Won't be here next Saturday, so will weigh in on another day, maybe Tuesday and see what I can do to correct this.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...