Thursday, March 19, 2009

Finally got my glasses--yes, from B.J.''s and they even knocked $25 off the price for my time and trouble. I can now see to both read and drive, and I hope that's the end of my travails with my eyesight.
Good neighbor (I always think of Mr. Rogers) Ray and chef son, John, stopped over to chat with Pat for a few minutes, a very welcome diversion. Then Leslie stopped with some magazines and a luscious piece of cake for him, another pleasant visit. Talked to Mary Ann Van O. and set a date for lunch on the 31st. Her Bart, who has the same physical problem as Pat (emphysema) was just in the hospital, but is now home and rallying, at least to a point.
Wider: Six years on, the horrors continue. From Anti-War.com:
"...President Obama has certainly gone a long way toward supporting the notion that the war is all-but-over as well, with his talk of ending the combat operations on August 31, 2010. Yet the fine-print in the Obama Administration “pullout” plan is that 50,000 troops will remain in Iraq indefinitely past that date, and will continue to engage in combat operations."
But Congress never declared war, did it? So how could we still be in it? Of course, our current and future "enemies" are legion: Afganistan...Iran...Pakistan...Korea...China...and so on and on. Endless war seems to be not just the order of the day, but of the decade and the century, world without end.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...