Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Enjoyed lunch with Mary Ann. We just went to reliable ol' Dynasty Diner for Caesar salad and a Coors Light. After, stopped at B & B for produce, then Acme, and finally to her house to sample her caramelized onion soup. I didn't realize I was gone so long, but it was almost 4:00 before I got home.
Earlier, I had assembled my costume for the rehearsal (audition) tonight. It looks pretty good; after borrowing no fewer than five shawls, I've decided to go with my fringed "throw." It's grey and a little ratty, similar to what Maurya, my character, would wear, I think.
Got a welcome phone call from Jack B., who said he was sorry he hadn't stopped in lately. It seems he's yet another old smoker who's been diagnosed with emphysema and now must use oxygen when sleeping. I think he's a bit shaken up over it, but I tried to put it in perspective. He''' probably have more stamina now and feel better generally.
Wider: I wish this were an April Fool's Day joke, but no such luck: Regardless of our insistence on believing what we want to believe, it's now crystal clear that O. is anything but the anti-war president. From "Neoconservatism: The Return," by Justin Raimondo on Anti-War. Com:
"The brain-dead Obamaites are shamelessly eager to grant their Glorious Leader a pass, no matter what he does. So far, there is not a peep out of Obama’s liberal supporters, except a few voices raised at the Nation, even as the president mounts a major escalation of the Long War. Not only that, but his supporters are rallying around their commander in chief, now that we’re fighting the "right" war in the "right" way. "
But the entire essay must be read. Raimondo calls it as it lays and is anybody listening? Doesn't seem so, least of all the oblivious dems.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...