Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm so boiling I had to insert another post. I HATE COMCAST!!!!! I hate the corporate criminals who spawned it and I hate the craven government that lets it gets away with any nefarious deed it chooses to inflict on the public!
Here's the scenario: Got a bill from this instrument of the devil for $123.78 for cable and computer charges. Gee, that's funny, I've been paying $107.43 a month for the past year or more. Why should it suddenly be $16,35 higher? Called and after the usual innumerable questions ("Name?" "Address?" "Phone?" "Date of Birth?" "SS number?" "Fingers on your right hand?" "Breed of your childhood dog?"), finally got through to somebody who said the "promotion," of which I'd been a recipient, had expired.
Promotion? What promotion? I don't remember any such thing, but was assured that when I signed up for Comcast, I must have been told.
Well, after I ranted and raved, then stopped for breath, the Comcast person said she'd connect me to someone in a department that could "do something" about the charge. Various static, screeches, and other noises ensued and--I KNOW THIS WAS PLANNED--the call was dropped.
Called back, went through the same third degree, got to the other department and was given a sales pitch to add my phone service to my "package" at some sum, plus installation, plus it's a promotion for a year, then it goes up, and so on and so forth--NO!
Finally, after I treated the rep to more histrionics, she gave me a "promotion" that brought my monthly charge to $108.01. Mind you, that's a fifty-eight cent increase and, incidentally, is for six months only. When I asked what it would be after that, she naturally didn't know. Hey, maybe a hundred and fifty, maybe two hundred--whatever they decide in their corporate majesty.
May those sons of bitches be condemned to watch afternoon soaps in hell for eternity. No, even worse: They'll be forced to watch "American Idol" in a continuous loop--forever.
That'll show 'em.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...