Monday, April 27, 2009

The show was terrific! It was a very warm, sunny day--my favorite kind--and we performed in one of the airy buildings on the "boardwalk." Everybody was in top form and it was great fun to be part of the production. My monologue--downbeat as it was--went over well; in fact, one of the other theatre members told me it brought tears to her eyes.
The only hitch was the sparsity of the audience. The Seaport had set this up as an "Arts and Music Weekend," but did absolutely nothing to publicize our show or to direct people to it. That meant that only visitors who happened to stroll our way even knew about it. Nevertheless, it was a pleasure to be part of it and I hope to continue my show biz career.
Frank and Barbara invited me to go out to eat with them after, along with another member of the group, and I accepted with pleasure. We went to Panini Bay and sat on the porch overlooking the water--my favorite venue--and had a wonderful time hashing over the show, discussing the theatre company, and toasting the day with the White Zinfandel Frank so thoughtfully supplied. Their friend, Ellen, is a mature woman (older than I am, I think--good grief!) and I enjoyed getting acquainted with her. As it turns out, she lived in Ventnor as a child and her father was the manager of the Ventnor movie. She was active in a theatre group in Bordentown and Cherry Hill and told us horror stories of having an audience of eight for fully-produced plays--ouch!
Didn't get home until about five after a wonderful day. I hope to audition for the dinner mystery theatre coming up in June and after that--who knows?

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...