Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Had a delightful lunch with Mary Ann and Lynn yesterday. We had intended to eat at Panini Bay, but it was closed so we ended up at Doyle's Pour House. Haven't been there for years and I had a delicious salmon burger with an icy cold beer--yum.
Lynn, a recent widow, is a nice person to know and the three of us had a great time. Mary Ann and I stopped across the street at B & B's where I picked up broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, and an avocado. Got home about 3:30 after a very pleasant day.
I'm almost finished sorting my postcards and now must turn my attention to selecting and assembling my Dionne Quintuplet items for the library display window. I want to type out some explanatory notes to include, too.
Wider: Question: What has 30,534 members, including the FBI, and will stamp out any silly ideas of privacy and "innocent until proven guilty" in the U.S.? Answer: InfraGard.
"InfraGard is an information sharing and analysis effort serving the interests and combining the knowledge base of a wide range of members. At its most basic level, InfraGard is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the private sector. InfraGard is an association of businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the United States."
If that doesn't scare the hell out of you, you're brain dead. Here's the link: http://www.infragard.net/

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...