Sunday, April 05, 2009

A fine day, including contacts with both friends and people I love. In the first category, I saw several when I stopped at our clubhouse to view an AIDS quilt, each section of which was made by South Jersey parents of AIDS victims. Jack and Kathy D. sponsored it and contributed a square dedicated to their only child, Tim, who died of the disease. His was in the form of a crossword puzzle; others were just as imaginative and beautiful. Several neighbors were there and in a subdued and sorrowful way, it was an enjoyable experience.
Zipped up (down? sideways?) to B.J.'s for supplies, then puttered around until I got a welcome call from much-loved niece, Joan. We had a good long talk and are looking forward to seeing each other on the 18th.
After dinner, we finally got a Skype call from Mike and saw adorable 9-month-old Violet and beautiful Vivian, 4 1/2. What precious children and wonderful grandchildren! I ache to hold Violet, whom I've never seen in the flesh (although she's such a live wire, it might be hard to corral her). And darling Vivian is so bright and pretty. Wish I could take her out on an excursion, just the two of us. Well, someday.
Of course, A. made her daily call, too, and I always look forward to that.
Susan called to say she couldn't walk today, so I skipped it, too. Stayed up late and slept until almost seven!

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...