Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Got an interesting message from someone called "capnosha." She left a comment on my other blog, "Domino Lane," in which I recorded my uncles' and aunt's memoirs. (I'm now in the process of adding my cousin, Judy's, manuscript on caring for the disabled.)
The person who wrote said her husband's grandfather was Charles Wood, the stepson of my Uncle Frank's employer, Mr. Bornot. She's trying to trace his ancestry, but, presumably, has little information from the grandfather, who is deceased. I wrote back to her to ask if she wanted me to get in touch with Mr. Bornot's daughter. I actually wrote the entry to which she referred three years ago, but she must have Googled the unusual name of Bornot and found it that way.
Had a good day yesterday. Had a long talk with sister Betty, catching up on our Easter doings, then ran a lot of errands. Of course, my actual activities don't really matter when it comes to my emotional equilibrium and that held steady. Looking forward to lunch with friend Marilyn, then will hang out here and there at my old stompin' grounds until I meet the gang for J.'s baseball game.
We did have a scary incident at dinnertime: Pat suddenly started sweating and was somewhat confused before we ate. No wonder--his sugar was down to 41. I gave him orange juice, then actually fed him the dinner--leftover ham, potato salad, baked beans, and so on--and after a time, he was able to take over. He recovered and is okay (okay for him, that is).

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...