Thursday, February 19, 2009

Late blogging today because I had to take P. and N. to the Philly airport this morning--sob! We left at 5:00 am and got there in plenty of time: about 6:29 for the 9:00 flight to Chicago. There were tears, of course, on my end--I wish so much they could come more often and stay longer--but I consider us lucky that they were here twice in six months.
We mostly stuck around home yesterday. I went to my acting class (actually, "Monologue Workshop") and was a little piqued at Desi's suggestions, but in thinking about it, decided he's right. Will incorporate his ideas into my presentation for next week, our last meeting.
Stopped at Santori's for produce on my way home, and at the Shop-Rite in Galloway, so am well stocked with veggie goodies. Decided to make Pat a hamburger and oven fries for dinner and bought the meat; will eat very light myself, as I overdid last night when I got home.
Have had only about four hours sleep, as I turned in late, was awakened when Pat came to bed, then got up at 4:15 No matter, I'll make it up later.
Wider: Here's an ominous message from Anti-War. Com:
"President Obama's air strikes on Pakistan show that the Bush administration's mistakes in the Middle East are far from being corrected – indeed, they are being pursued even more forcefully. Our perpetual "war on terrorism" continues and is about to go into overdrive…For the past eight years, America's reckless militarism has led only to disaster, and we're very much afraid that Iraq was only the beginning. Obama is sending more troops to Afghanistan, and the U.S. military is making almost daily forays into neighboring Pakistan – a policy that is sure to spread this rapidly escalating and futile war."
The writer goes on to mention that Pakistan is the only middle eastern nation that really has nuclear weapons. Oh, great, now we'll be sure to bomb them into hatred of the U.S., so we can set our children up for the horrors to come.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...