Monday, February 23, 2009

After our walk, I didn't venture out of the house all day. It was a grey day anyway (you could make a song out of that!) and I did the usual chores. After Pat was up, breakfasted, and dressed, I actually sat on the couch with a book--unusual for me during the day. I'm simutaneously reading John Adams, a bio of Gene Kelly, and the book Susan's daughter lent me, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver. The last is similar to the Michael Pollan books I like so much and I'm enjoying it.
Chatted with sister Betty in the morning and "visited" daughter Ellen after dinner. Was pleased to see Tillie's feeding tube is out and she's back to her perky former self.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...