Friday, April 28, 2006

Had a delightful evening at Creevey's with Vivian. I had chicken marsala (very good) and V. eggplant parmesan. Saw Julie and Gary L., who happened to be eating there, too; they stopped to chat on their way out. We went to the primary doctor at Ft. Dix today. He didn't have too much to tell Pat, just to continue the meds he's been taking. We all hope this third antibiotic will get rid of the nasty infection.
Jack B. stopped in. He may get to Larry and Helen's anniversary party in Jacksonville--how I wish I could go!
Making chicken drumsticks, onions, carrots, and potatoes in gravy in the crockpot, and will eat shortly. I'm going with Barbara D. tonight to see "The Pirates of Little Egg Harbor," an original operetta by the guy I was in the acting class with.* Her Frank is one of the townspeople.
Am making plans to meet Lynne C. for lunch next week, probably at the Christiana Mall in Delaware.
*I was taught that you should never end a sentence with a preposition and, frankly, it does make me slightly uncomfortable. Winston Churchill, though, thought this was a silly rule. He said to conform to it, he could conceive of a sentence like this: "That's an insult up with which I will not put." Yes, I'm one of those nerds who enjoy these grammatical andecdotes.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...