Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Caught yet ANOTHER "Honey, We're Killing the Kids" last night--it was even worse than the last one. Two boys, 8 and 12, grossly overweight mother, somewhat overweight father, both smoke, kids whining every time they're refused a Twinkie...just a repeat of the last one. From the ads, I learned that the television audience was treated to another version at 10 (past my bedtime). From what I could see, it's the same old, same old, just with an African-American slant: two boys, roughly 10 and 12, who eat like hogs under the loving direction of their parents.
Okay, this is a rant on the same general topic. WHY can't people walk a few feet from the parking lot to a store? It's unbelievable how many will stop in the no parking sign to drop somebody off--often kids--just to avoid even a hint of exercise. Even worse is when they wait there for the lazy bums to come out. When I see this, I always give the perps a dirty look and pointedly and disgustedly shake my head. Bet that really scares them, too.
As I write this, beef stew is simmering away in the crockpot--smells wonderful, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrible that those two kids, aged 8 and 10, already smoke! Check your punctuation Ms. English Major! One sentence with 5 commas and an elipsis for good measure... come on!

Well, gotta go, gonna drive across the street to the Twinkie store.

LOL, Anom (in Australia this week)

Mimi said...

That isn't a sentence, it's a fragment and for those who know what they're doing, is perfectly all right.
Can't wait to see you, darling DIL, and especially, adorable Preshy.
How is it you're running off to Austrailia again?

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...