Monday, April 10, 2006

Pat much better, I'm happy to say. He showered and dressed himself yesterday and said he felt good. I went to a Woman's Club meeting in the afternoon (accepted the chairpersonship for our new scholarship award) and when I got back, he had gone out. Went down to Green St. to meet him, but he wasn't there. When I got back, he was home and said he had gone to various of his haunts. Still not doing the exercise (he did it for about 20 minutes two days ago) and Scott is coming today, but I'm keeping out of it. Can't make him do it, and we see the pulmonologist on Friday. Will go to exercise with Susan myself in an hour (8 am).
Gave Pat a pork chop (breaded and baked) for dinner last night (I had a turkey burger) and it was another good day. Daughter Ellen called--her usual Sunday call--and we talked for a good hour. I had intended to go out there for her Spring Break next week--had to cancel because of Pat's illness and how I wish I could have done it. Okay, it can't be helped, so I'll look ahead to seeing her in the summer and to London in June.
Tomorrow, I'm to meet cousin John in Ambler, PA and we'll go see my 96-year-old Aunt Claire, so I'll be gone all day. Friend Ray said he'd like to take Pat out to lunch. Pat wants to go--this will be his first excursion of the kind and Ray is the perfect person for him to be with. He's a big talker and kids Pat a lot. Most important, he's no crepe-hanger--the last thing either one of us needs is to have people provide worse-case scenarios for us to contemplate. We need encouragment, not the opposite, so gloom-masters, keep away from our door!
Life is good, we're on a roll,let tomorrow take care of itself.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...