Wednesday, April 05, 2006

"Spring is here/the grass is riz/I wonder where/the flowers is..."
Pat has recited that silly little ditty for years. I always thought it was stupid, but now, for some reason, I find it sweet and appealing.
Things are better--much better. Pat's breathing has improved significantly, and he's moving around more. Talked to the p.t. yesterday and he'll be in today; hope he can galvanize Pat to start with regular exercises.
Yesterday, I met Marge for an enjoyable lunch at Calloway's; when I got home, Jack B. was here, having stopped to see Pat on his way to golf. Later, Pat sat out in the sun in the garage, and neighbors Ray and Frank came over to chat. I decided on just bacon and eggs for dinner--Pat likes that occasionally and he actually said it was good--and there was a Flyers game on later so, all in all, it was a good day.
I bought veal cutlets at the supermarket and tomorrow, will attempt to make them--Pat's favorite dish, but I'm not quite sure how to cook them. Looked on the Internet, and I guess I'll bread them, brown them, bake them and hope for the best.
Tonight--tah dah!--I'm meeting Vivian for dinner at IHOP. What a treat, outings two days in a row.
Tomorrow, we go up to Fort Dix for Pat to have his blood sugar checked (he records the readings) and we may be able to stop for Jen and precious Joely for lunch. If not, we'll get there another time.
You can have your winter--I'll take spring anyday!

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...