Monday, May 01, 2006

Lazy weekend with not much going on. Phone conversations with daughter Ellen, brother Larry, niece Jeannie. Weather sunny, but too cool; hope it warms up soon. Actually went out and brought Chinese home for dinner on Saturday: sweet and spicy chicken, which Pat even ate. However, it was much too spicy for both of us; next time, I'll see if he'll eat sweet and sour chicken which I think he'll like better. Last night, made spaghetti and meatballs. Have been eating much too much at night and gaining steadily, I'm afraid.
Exercise today, though, and I want to get back into at least a semblance of eating sensibly. (Everytime I see the word "sensibly," I think of a stern, controlling, middle-aged woman with her lips pressed together. My sainted mother?) Well, I don't want to be sensible, I want to be wild.
As for "a semblance of eating sensibly," ever hear of alliteration, Mimi?
Okay, I'm rambling...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, how nice that you talked with DAUGHTER Ellen, BROTHER Larry and even a NIECE... Isn't that special. They must be such meaningful relatives.

As for me, Anom, nothing special either, I talked to some old lady on Saturday, can't remember who? You know how it is with the 'ol memory...

Mimi said...

Ouch! Also talked to precious and charming younger son, Mike, the incomparable offspring who's gifting me with the trip to London next month. SO sorry I overlooking mentioning it before. Guess the trip is rescinded, right? Woe is me...

Anonymous said...

I think I speak for everyone when I say: B-O-R-I-N-G...

what a snooze fest this has become...

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...