Monday, May 08, 2006

As someone who reads a variety of blogs every day, it annoys the hell out of me when bloggers neglect to enter for days at a time. Okay, I'm guilty myself, so I guess thousands of my readers will give up and never check me out again. For those loyal others (all one of them), I'm going to concentrate on the minor and inconsequential:
Went to the Ocean County Master Gardeners' Flower Show on Saturday with Barb H. and Susan--it was great. This isn't a show in the sense of exhibitions, but a sale, really: all kinds of great plants and at very attractive prices. It was a gorgeous day, sunny but fairly cool, and hordes of people were there although we went early. I got a nice-sized barberry bush, two purple and white flowering plants, and an interesting viny-type thing (that's the scientific name, "viny-type thing") that I was assured will have beautiful red flowers. Afterward, we went to Panini Bay--finally got there; see earlier entry-- for lunch and had a delightful time.
Inspired, I stopped yesterday at My Three Sons produce stand (owned and run by our former mayor, Ray) and bought a spectacular hanging basket of New Guinea impatiens and vinca, plus three geraniums. I'm also going to put in the heather plant Alison gave Pat when he was in rehab.
Hmm...the only problem I can see with all this is that I have to plant the plants; that's why they're called "plants" right? That's a drag, but it's supposed to rain today--for a change, I hope it does, so the ground gets soft.
A nod to the original reason for this blog: Last night, I made oven-baked flounder, along with oven-baked "French fries" and it was all very good. I bought country ribs for tonight which I might do in the crockpot, just adding barbecue sauce. I'm continuing to eat like there's no tomorrow, I'm afraid, and just can't seem to turn my attention to dieting. Well, I yam what I yam...
I have a doctor's appointment (routine) on Thursday, then we go back up to Fort Dix for another blood test for Pat. Aside from that, my usual exercise days, and Drama Club rehearsal, the coming week is free--good thing, as the following one is fairly busy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog everyday!
I am glad I do not have any plants to plant.

Mimi said...

WHO ARE YOU, ANON?? COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELF!!

Anonymous said...

Well, it ain't me - the TRUE ANON... I don't read your blog everyday

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...