Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wow--judging from the comments of yesterday, it looks as if I actually have TWO readers, not one. I suspect the mysterious other "anonymous" is somebody in Santa Barbara, California, initials B.J.
Slow, but curiously satisfying day yesterday. Went to exercise with Susan at 8, then spent the day doing housework and taking care of husband Pat, whose health is not good. Succumbed to temptation and got us meatball subs for dinner. Now there's a subject: I always prided myself on my homemade meals, often using fresh ingredients and spending a fair amount of time cooking and serving. After all, I'm retired and don't work outside the home, so that's me job, ain't it? However, a few weeks ago, I asked Pat what he felt like for dinner and he suggested we have store-bought stuff, so I went over to the Chinese place and got sweet and spicy chicken. (Pat actually ate some of it, but it was too spicy for both of us; next time, I'll make it sweet and sour.) A few days after that, he asked me to get a meatball sub and I did.... NOW, I'm entranced by the idea of simply getting dinner that somebody else made. Clean-up is so easy, too! Do I feel guilty? Nah. However, tonight I'll have a traditional dinner, maybe chicken, maybe pork chops, maybe something else. I know my legion of readers are anxiously awaiting knowledge of my choice, so will keep you posted, anon and anon II...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good today. Store bought food is good for the soul.
ANON 2

Mimi said...

Now, from your tone, I suspect you're also Anon 1--correct?
Identify yourself at once, Anon 2!

Anonymous said...

For what it is worth, I (the real ANON) didn't make that comment above.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...