Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It looks as if Pat won't be home today, as the doctors want to confer or something. Just called him and I'll go in shortly. He sounded good and said he was doing pretty well. Alison is back from NH and visited him yesterday while I was there.
After, I went to Ray and Barb's Memorial Day cookout and we had a wonderful time. Walter and Susan, Frank and Barb D., Leslie and Dennis, and Anne Mary--all the Sweetwater regulars--came, and we talked and laughed a lot. Everybody said how they missed Pat--so did I--and we're all hoping he'll be back soon. It seems so odd to be at social events without my husband--as a "singleton" after so many years.
Just got my hair trimmed and will spend the afternoon at the hospital, then go home. I'm actually looking forward to an evening by myself, after accepting dinner invitations at friends' 3 days out of the last 4. However, if somebody should call and say "come over"--yeah, I will!

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...