Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Tuesday

The guys got here about noon, bringing lunchmeat and some things I had asked for, including my RLS meds. We had lunch, then talked around the table for a bit. Greg volunteered to make one of his wonderful meals for dinner (it was his day off).  Off to the side yard with the guys, where they played Bonkers (or whatever it's called) and I enjoyed watching. After, the Jersey trio left to explore Surfer's Point in Ventura. 

Ellen and I had planned to go to the supermarket and other places, but I was so tired, I begged off in favor of a nap. I slept for about two hours and felt a hundred percent better when I got up. Thought I'd take a walk, but I was just starting out when Ellen drove up, so I went back with her. We did this and that until the boys got back. While Greg slaved in the kitchen and Ellen assisted, Junior, Tristan, and I played gin rummy in the living room.

Called to dinner, this is what we saw:*
And it was, of course, superb. (Who had the wine? Guess.)
The main dish was salmon, which was excellent, of course, with his subtle seasoning. It was accompanied by a salad with yogurt dressing (he doesn't do dairy) and an interesting potato mash. Ellen had bought chocolate ice cream for dessert and we all enjoyed the meal and the talk.

After J., J., and T. left, El and I watched some of a documentary on Tab Hunter, but soon went off to bed. Happily, I slept well, and didn't get up until 5:30. 

Today, Papa Joel goes off to L.A. to play pickleball and El and I will take the boys to the harbor for sight-seeing and whatever else they'll enjoy.    

*It's amazing how similar Greg's usual stance in pictures it to my late husband's. They both give the impression they're cornered and about to be strung up for espionage.  

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...