Saturday, July 09, 2022

Busy

T.O.P.S. first (Lora picked me up) for the usual talky-talk session about anything but weight loss. At home, I was 130. a gain of .08 and T.O.P.S. had me at 131.1, a miniscule .01 up. That took me out of my comfort zone, but I'll get back, I know.

When I got home, I had a message from Primary Medical. It's never a good thing to be contacted by your doctor's office if you didn't initiate it and I was concerned there was a problem with my blood test. It turns out wasn't it: this was from the ortho doc for a follow-up to my osteoporosis. I'll have a phone consult with her on the nineteenth. 

After breakfast (thanks to T.O.P.S., it wasn't until 10:30), I applied the Bona method to the hard floors and washed the bathroom and hall rugs. Otherwise did a few more things preparing for my company. Called Ellen and we discussed the party tomorrow (tomorrow--yoicks!); she also asked me to look around for a possible cabinet she can use in her newly-cleared laundry room. 

Using a recipe I found on line, I made vanilla ice cream. I wasn't not at all sure it would turn out, as it just uses a blender, but took a chance, put it together, then poured it into a container and put it in the freezer.  

Had a quick bite, then bused to town to 1.) take my library book back and 2.) look in a few shops for El's cabinets. I actually found one possibility which she plans to go look at today. Otherwise, I bought two "rope baskets" for myself. 

Bused home, but stopped at Von's for salmon (on sale) and at Subway to order a sandwich tray for tomorrow. El is bringing munchies and soda, and Robyn offered to bring something, so I texted her and asked for dessert, which she'll bring. Still have a few things to do to prepare, as they'll be here late tonight--YAY!  

Got some show biz news, for one, this poster,  just out about our Fractured Actors show in August:

                                       I have NO IDEA why the side is all black like that--damn!

Second bit of good news:
COWBOY POETRY CONTEST Saturday, August 13, 2022 – 12:00 PM (Noon) Premiums Offered per Class 1st 2nd 3rd $50 $35 $20

This is at the Ventura County Fair and I've been aware of the contest in other years. Last year, I wrote and memorized a poem with a western theme and had planned to enter it then, but because of the worldwide scourge, the Fair wasn't held. I call my entry "Heart's Desire" and I think it's actually not bad. I will definitely enter the contest.   

No comments:

Wednesday

Well, things are looking up. I made a decision about the 29 1/2 show on the eighteent and: no, I'm not going to participate. I emailed d...