Saturday, July 16, 2022

Saturday

Mike and Violet blew in to Ellen's about 9:30 and the three of us (El declined) went to The Farmer And The Cook. This is a trendy, meant-for-rich-Ojai-ans("ites?")-who-look-anorexic place--not one of my favorites. I had already had my oatmeal and tangerine, so just got a small yogurt. I admit it was pleasant to sit outside and chat. Mike wore his Apple (his employer) rainbow gay pride shirt:

Back to El's to talk a bit and here are the visitors from afar lulling in Ellen's living room:

We three then went into town while El started housework to get ready for the new guest: Mike. He, Violet and I went into town, had an ice cream cone, then went to the park, where not only Violet, but Mike played on the swings, the big kid:

Back yet again, then I napped a bit while Mike and Violet went to Bart's Books and Ellen did some chores. When they returned, the three of us went off to my place. We dropped off the mountain of stuff I had brought for a week at Ellen's, then went to the Luna Grille for a quick dinner. They dropped me back off and we said goodbye.

Mike will take Violet to register at Camp Ojai today and I'll do housework. Actually, the three guys did a great job of cleaning up after themselves, but I still have a lot to wash and so on to get back to everyday life.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...