Sunday, July 03, 2022

Saturday

My sleep wasn't as bad as it could be, but I woke up at 4:30 yesterday and about the same this morning. My ideal is an hour later, but I just stayed in bed for another half, then got up. 

Noreen called after breakfast. I had actually been thinking about her and have been meaning to call her, so I was pleased. We had a good talk, then made a date for lunch on Thursday at the Blue Agave in town. 

Suzanne rang my bell to ask if I wanted any fertilizer. Ha--I had given it to her and still have a whole bucket full. (I keep meaning to get tomato plants or something.) We talked for a bit and she told me that Joey, the neighborhood scourge, has moved--big news, but Margaret had already told me. Also advised me to put my ailing orchid (which she had given me when my brother, Jim died) outside, but not in direct sunlight. Did so and hope it helps.

Jim came a little early, but that was okay. We sat and talked for a bit, then had lunch. I just had turkey  and ham and cheese sandwiches on sesame rolls. I was pleased that I had wrapped and frozen them several weeks ago and, after they were thawed (at room temperature), you'd swear they had just been put together. Jim enjoyed them, along with the crystal pickles, applesauce, and lemon cake with vanilla yogurt for dessert.

I asked him to drop me off at the mall and Target on his way home, and he did. Bought bracelets for Vivian (18 on July 29) and Violet (14 on July 10). Too bad, but Violet's would probably get there late, considering this is Sunday and tomorrow is the fourth. I may hold hers until she and Mike get here on the fifteenth for summer camp.

Speaking of Violet, her Dad, Mike, just sent the link to the video she and classmates did for a school project. Called The Invasion, it's fun imaginative, but I don't think Martin Scorsese has anything to worry about. Violet, looking adorable with a big head, was one of the three "actors." (They're outer space aliens and their heads are distorted.) 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kcqxVTyFfg6t0Ac_7R57xnifzwqHisc_/view

Ellen called and she'll come tomorrow with my futon, which I store in her shed. She suggested that after she picks me up, we go over to Oxnard, say hello to Greg, then lunch at The Lazy Dog. Yes, oh yes, and you can keep your parades and fireworks--that will be the best fourth of July for me. 

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Very impressive video and script. I've made movies in the past and they weren't as good as this one and mine were good. The story line and graphics were outstanding.

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat!

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...