Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Monday

Mike and Ellen breezed in about 11:00; and met up with Vickie, who had been out running. I introduced them and said happy birthday to Vickie, then my two kiddies and I drove to the Harbor for lunch. After much hilarity involving the fish tacos place (I almost fell out of the car laughing), we saw that it's closed on Mondays (thank heavens!), so went to Margarita Villa. They had Mexican and I had a hamburger. We then walked the harbor to look for seals, but didn't find any. Stopped in the museum and strolled in its garden.

From there, we drove to town, as I thought my small desk lamp was broken; I bought another one, and we walked around town a bit. When we got back to my place, Mike tried the original lamp with a new bulb. I had done exactly that, but it seems both bulbs were out (I'm a pretty dim bulb myself). So...I kept the old lamp and Ellen took the new to see if Greg could use it.

We sat and chatted, then I heard Suzanne coming in, back from her trip. She stopped in for a half hour or so and we four shared highlights of our recent good times. Mike had a business meeting (virtual) at 5:00, so he and El left for her house. He's going to be busy for the next day or two, so I asked him to call me on Wednesday or whenever. Actually, I have some things scheduled today, too: a telephone doctor's appointment at 11:00 and rehearsal at 6:30.

Mike got some news from niece Carolyn:  She, Finn, and Claire are vacationing in D.C. and all have come down with COVID. The kids were here last Sunday, but I'm hoping, since no symptoms yet, that none of us get it. 

Called LaVonne to tell her I was free today and tomorrow and she invited me to brunch tomorrow. I'll meet her granddaughter, who lives in Bangkok and is visiting--should be fun.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...