Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Monday

 Another good, active day. Talked to Ellen and learned that, after the buyers took her huge washer and dryer away, she spent hours cleaning the laundry room. That inspired me to start looking at the crapola I have here and figuring a way to adapt the place to the three guys coming. I actually cleared out a fair amount of stuff from the wall-long closet and the hall one with cleaning supplies. I can hardly believe the number of bags I had; I left some out at the recycle place for people to take, stowed some where I could get to them, and reserved some for El for her kiddie--uh, cleanup.

She got here a bit after 12:00, bringing my futon and a poufy mattress cover. We had some disagreement about the latter--I wanted her to take it back--but we rolled it and tied it and it fit in the closet with the futon, so okay. 

We then left for Oxnard and The Lazy Dog. We first wanted to sit on the patio, but when we did, Ellen smelled exhaust fumes and I disliked the very loud music coming from a bar across the way, so we told our server we wanted to move indoors. We both had hamburgers and El had a coconut cocktail first, I an IPA with my meal. It was good, if nothing special. 

After that, we went over to Whole Foods to see Greg. Enjoyed chatting with him, then we bought some things Von's doesn't carry. I got pad Thai and a self-rising crust pizza, El several other items. We said goodbye to Greg, then drove home. Put our groceries in my freezer, then El took me to Wal-Mart to get some keys made to give the boys. But no--the guy there said the key machine "didn't recognize" the key, so no-go. I'll have to find another place or possibly, a DIY key maker.

Note: I almost forgot it was the fourth of July. Heard some firecrackers after I went to bed, but slept okay anyway. Parades? Barbeques? Fireworks? Not interested.

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...