Monday, July 11, 2022

Sunday Funday

We had a fine time yesterday! Ellen and I got back to Ventura about noon. We took some things out to the middle area and Dana, Finn, and Claire got here from Santa Barbara about 1:15, followed by Steve, Robyn, and Dexter, from L.A., shortly after. Ellen had driven over to Subway for the sandwiches and to Von's for ice. Along with chips and salsa, courtesy of Ellen, plus soda, iced tea, and beer, that was the spread. I had accepted Robyn's kind offer to bring dessert and it was yummy: fresh fruit over lady fingers and homemade (a girl after my own heart!) whipped cream, plus ditto chocolate chip cookies. We just sate and talked and talked and talked. 

Dana mentioned that's he's taking Finn and Claire to the airport today and they'll be off to join their mother for the days on the east coast. Steve and Robyn said they want to go to the Fractured Actors show next month, although I assured them I have only a small part. Lots of talk and laughs, of course, the kids having common ancestors. Can't quite remember when the party broke up, but hours later, of course. Darn, though, I'm so sorry I didn't think to take a picture of the cousins (first, second, and once-removed) together.

Back at the place, my guests' marathon gin rummy game resumed:

From left: Ellen, Tristan, Joel, Sr., and Joel, Jr.
I didn't participate in this one, but you can be sure, I will in others This went on until 7:00, at which point, we drove (separately) to Oxnard for dinner at Lazy Dog. It was jammed, of course, but we got served reasonably quickly. Three guys had--ugh!--peanut butter and jelly hamburgers (I kid you not), which they said were delish.

After dinner, we said goodbye, after making plans for the visitors from afar to come over to El's in Ojai this morning and we'd plan out our day. El and I stopped to say hello to Greg (who was working until 10:00), then drove off. We stayed up for just a short time, then went to bed--and again, I slept like a stone.   

No comments:

Tuesday

At nine, I called the Access Van to take me to Ellen's retirement party today and was horrified to learn they don't go to her school...