Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Back to Hearst's Castle yesterday for tour number 2, and loved it. First, we drove a few miles down the coast to view the elephant seal colony. There were dozens of them resting--or something--on the beach and what ugly creatures they are. I was amazed at the racket they made, not just barking, but making sounds like honking, roaring, and burping. Interesting, and I'm glad I went, but that was about enough of elephant or any other kinds of seal to last me for--oh, say, the rest of my life.
Got back to the motel about 4:00 and we immediately changed and went to the pool and hot tub. The air was a bit chilly, but the tub wonderful. Was pleased to meet a husband/wife team who both teach theatre arts at city colleges.
After getting back into dry clothes, we went down to one of the three "bonfires" (actually, blazing wood fires in large concrete fireplaces) to toast ourselves in the moonlight on the beach. Met some nice fellow travelers from northern California and chatted.
After a time, we walked down to a restaurant that billed itself as serving "New Mexican Mexican cuisine" We both had margaritas and I ordered talipia. Boy, was it good--the whole fish scored and broiled--very, very fresh and tasty.
Went back to our own rooms about 8:30 and relaxed. Slept like a log. Will go back south today and to Betty's, where I'll stay over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...