Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Took a car-full of priceless objects--uh, valuable antiques--uh, junk--to the thrift store. Drove over to the cemetery, then continued on to Mays Landing. Was going to buy sweats (I hate cold weather), but lost interest before I got there, so just turned around and went home.
I was sorry to hear that Pat's brother, Bill--the only one left of that family of nine--in in the hospital and was operated on yesterday.
Went to rehearsal last night. Damn, I wish I had been around to audition for Clairee.
Heard from Mike, who extended an intriguing invitation to join him and his family in September, when they go to Hawaii. I'm very tempted, and will think it over. Maybe it would be better to simply visit them in Singapore. They're going to Malaysia next week on holiday--after all, it's been several weeks since they had a vacation.
Got the book, Mountains Beyond Mountains, about Dr. Paul Farmer and his founding of Partners In Health. It's enthralling and, coincidentally, I saw a video of him being interviewed in Haiti. A secular saint.
WIDER: A cheery little note from AntiWar.com that needs no comment:
Price of US Wars: $1 Trillion and Rising

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...