Thursday, January 21, 2010

Had a thoroughly delightful lunch with Ellen V. Went to Applebee's and I noticed some welcome touches: For one, although it was crowded, our orders were taken within about 5 minutes and we were served quickly. Two, the music wasn't so loud we couldn't talk in normal tones. Three, I had a spinach salad with shrimp and both were nicely tender. Four, I was served a frosted glass with my Coors Light. To top it off (five), the entrees at least, were fairly inexpensive.
We stayed for almost three hours, sharing our personal and acting "back stories" (that's real theatre talk, folks). Ellen is a good conversationalist and has had an interesting life. She wants to direct "Blithe Spirit," which I've looked up on the 'net. Saw part of the movie on YouTube and I'm very much interested in playing "Madame (Somebody)," the Margaret Rutherford role. It's a major character role, though, and I'm not sure that 1. I'd get the part and 2. I could handle it. Well, it wouldn't be put on until the fall and Ellen wasn't sure she can get permission to stage it anyway, so all that could be moot.
Didn't get home until 4:30. Stopped at the library, then spent a quiet evening at home.
Rehearsal for tonight is cancelled--just as well, as I'll veg out after turning my wandering attention to my clear-out/clean-up campaign. Must finish the master, then tackle the big ones: the closets in study and master bedroom.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...