Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Very enjoyable lunch with Susan and Julie L. at Seaoaks. We all ordered the Cobb salad and I brought half if mine home to have for dinner. Stopped at B & B's after for veggie supplies and picked up three hostas as well. Planted them on the side--hope they take--and I want to get three more.
Worked up the first act of a possible mystery theatre script called Family Reunion and sent it to Tara and Mary Ellen. Maybe it can be tweaked enough to be used in an upcoming production.
Aside from that--just the usual while this annoying June gloom continues. "The sun, mother, I want the sun!" (That's a line from some famous play or other, I think also by a somber Scandinavian.)
Wider: Just in case we ever delude ourselves that our elected representatives are upstanding human beings--or even as upstanding as a second-story man-- note this from Anti-War.Com:
"Despite growing opposition, the House of Representatives today narrowly passed the $106 billion war funding bill today, 226-202. The vote capped weeks of major debate about the merits of several provisions of the bill, notably the guarantee of $108 billion in credit to the International Monetary Fund (IMF)." Two dem politicians are quoted, one to the effect that the bill "still sucks" but "we're in the process of mopping up in two wars...." The other said she doesn't believe the bill has merit but "I want to support my president."
Well, finally! A politician who's honest. Clearly, what she's actually saying is "I realize this bill is an abomination and will only further support the pain and suffering we inflict on others, but politics and my loyalty to the brand must take precedence over any other considerations including, of course, those of morality."
No damning adjective is too strong for these monsters.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...