Monday, June 15, 2009

The show was just terrific and wonderful and great fun! Smaller venue--and audience--but those may have been assets because it was easier to hear and talk "in character" to all of them. My murder went off without a hitch. I had been worried about uncovering my fatal wound (had a scarf over it for most of the show) and extracting the note from my bra during the time I dropped dead, but managed to bring it off.
Incredibly, a woman I haven't seen since eighth-grade graduation from St. James was there with her husband. I stayed in character with them throughout until I took my bow, then became myself, little 13-year-old Rosemary Byrne and she became Peggy Hartman from Ventnor again.
Now I'm determined to audition for a complete change of pace--the Aunt Julia role in Hedda Gabler--hope I make it.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...