Thursday, June 04, 2009

Gee-oh-gosh, we're really getting down to the wire with the show. Rehearsal last night went okay, although it was a bit disconcerting to play both parts, the hostess and the psychic. Also, the psychic part, which I'll play in Surf City, has been altered to fit with Shar-Pai Rescue, the organization sponsoring the Surf City gig. (Just looked at their web site, and boy, are those dogs ugly. Why anyone would want one is beyond me.) Got the new script today and will look at it later.
Another change is that the producer part, which Frank Next Door will play on Saturday, will be assumed by Rick Somebody, who just blew back into town. I remember him from the Seaport show last month. He's a big presence, with a big, booming voice and I understand he improvises a lot. He did a funny monologue at the Seaport, telling the "story" of the clams or something. He was good, but I think it lasted too long.
I was told I have to increase my volume/ I don't think I have a teeny-tiny voice, but clearly, it isn't as strong as it needs to be. Not sure, at this late date, what I can do about it, but I'll try just talking louder.
Tonight: dress rehearsal.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...