Monday, June 22, 2009

Quiet, but nice anniversary and Fathers' Day yesterday. Certainly very different from last year's, but that's to be expected. Got some lovely gifts, including for Pat, a striking painting of a mountain scene from daugher-in-law N. They and Ellen also called on the phone and Skype, so Dad and I, and A. and M. were able to see and talk to them. We enjoyed the honey-baked ham (at room temperature, as recommended) from Mike for dinner, along with devilled eggs, baked beans, salad, scalloped potatoes, and the rest of the rosemary-Parmesan bread N. and I had made in February. A. brought strawberry shortcake for dessert, so it was a real summertime meal, even though the weather suggested winter (dark, windy, rainy) instead.
Now for a mystery: I had received a box from Kodak Easy Share a week or so ago. I hadn't ordered anything and saved it to open last night. I found a mug with the picture of me as Ivana, the character I played at the Surf City Hotel mystery theatre show! I had sent to some family and friends so one of them must have done it, but there was no card and no identification, so I have no idea who sent it. I like it a lot, but ho, ho, who could have done this? Will have to put on my mystery hat to solve this...

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...