Monday, June 01, 2009

Continued the weeding project which clearly is eternal. Went to Acme and got myself fresh tuna for dinner. Found freshly-made, individual crab cakes for Pat. These were fairly expensive, but I thought it would be a special treat. Oh, Mimi, what a dreamer you are! He remarked that the nicely-seasoned, moist, and tender cake would never beat the old-fashioned kind--meaning the frozen, cookie-cutter, bland, tasteless.... Okay, taste is taste and I should know better than to try anything different.
Occupied myself with various and sundry otherwise. Dr. Mark called and will be here this morning. Nice chat with Ellen late in the day. Other than that, nothing much.
Wider: From The Washington Post comes the interesting note that the Department of Defense (sic) has issued a certain advisory:
"In a memo e-mailed this week to Pentagon staff members, the Defense Department's office of security review noted that "this administration prefers to avoid using the term 'Long War' or 'Global War on Terror' [GWOT.] Please use 'Overseas Contingency Operation.' "
Anybody surprised? Watch for this phrasing here and then, then listen hard for Orwell's chuckle.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...